Governance and Accreditation
- From 2013 to 2016, he was the St. Joseph’s General Hospital’s Board of Directors’ representative to the Physician Credentialing Committee, Physician Human Resources Committee, and Future Role of the Hospital Committee. He rejoined The Views at St. Joseph (long-term care facility) as a Board member in early 2018.
- From 2013 to 2015 as a Board Member, he contributed to Glacier View Lodge’s Accreditation Canada award receiving an “Accreditation with Exemplary Status.” Jon promoted leading edge practices in governance, as a Board member and Chair of the Governance and Nominations Committee with the St. Joseph’s General Hospital.
- For the past six years, he has provided volunteer mentoring under a formal contract.
“Exceptionally hard working and diligent.”
- In 1999, following a comprehensive six-month process, Jon led a team of clinicians and supervisors at the Workers’ Compensation Board Rehabilitation Center in Edmonton to be granted a three-year accreditation, with 99% compliance.
- In 1998, he completed rigorous accreditation training with the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities in Tucson, Arizona and was a Surveyor/Mentor. As the Team Leader, he conducted over 20 surveys and directed the activities of a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians throughout the United States.
- In 1996, Jon completed the National Quality Institute Accredited Training Course, and in 1996 and 1997 provided consulting services to the Provincial Government and Alberta Health.
“Quiet and unobtrusive—gets the job done with a minimum of fanfare and profile.”