Policy and Change Management
- In 2013 and 2014, facillitated a process with a health professional regulatory college to completely redesign, approve and implement their regulatory and governance policies and procedures.
- Was appointed as the Alberta Management Consultants’ Institute’s Registrar from 2010 to 2012, and was completely responsible for registration, conduct and competency, and liaison with the national office.
- Thoroughly revised the entire regulatory governance policies for the Board of Directors of the Institute of Certified Management Consultants of Alberta from 2009 to 2012.
- In 2009, completed governance reviews of three Part IX corporations in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo; subsequently provided governance consulting services to not-for-profit organizations in Fort McMurray for two years.
- Developed a Canadian competency-based certification program for information access and protection of privacy officers in 2007 and 2008.
- Was contracted with Alberta Health in 2003 / 2004 to develop and deliver over 150 regional workshops throughout the province on the Health Professions Act Employers’ Handbook, which I authored in 2003.
“Conducts first rate background research, and “hits the ground running” on every consulting assignment.”
- Jon was contracted by the Health Boards of Alberta from 2000 to 2008 to provide management consulting services. This included the province-wide Health Authorities’ Health Professions Act Regulations Review Committee and the Clinical and Nursing Practice Leaders Network. Both committees reported to the Council of CEO’s.
- From 2000 to 2004, was the Chair of the Human Resources Committee and in 2003/2004 Vice Chair of the Board of Directors with Habitat for Humanity, Edmonton. He thoroughly revised all of the organization’s human resources policies.
- In 1994 and 1995, Jon directed the Emergency Health Services Branch of Alberta Health through a strategic planning process to address the pressing need to increase the levels of service for Alberta’s 180,000 annual air and ground ambulance trips.
- From 1994 to 1996, he was the Director of the team responsible for developing and refining criteria for 24 – five-year $80 million contracts. Jon and his team set patient care and safety standards and required adoption of quality management principles. He was accountable as the Registrar to the Alberta Ambulance Advisory and Appeal Board.
- From 1989 to 1992, Jon led the entire legislative, policy and community consultation processes to introduce the Ambulance Services Act and Regulations, proclaimed in 1992.